Learn to read between the lines
Conference for seniors
Agir pour mieux vivre
This conference addresses the themes of anxiety and depression among seniors. It provides information about the signs and symptoms, available treatments and resources. Presented in an interactive and dynamic style, the conference also addresses the roles and challenges of the caregiver.
- Distinguish stress and sadness from anxiety and depression;
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of anxiety and depression;
- Emphasize the importance of reaching out to heal and live better;
- Find treatments and current resources;
- Educate caregivers about their challenges and provide the means to protect themselves.
Format and guidelines:
- 75-minute interactive conference
- For groups of 20 participants and more
- Information package provided to each participant
- Audiovisual equipment necessary for the presentation provided by the Mental Illness Foundation
Training seminar for those who work or volunteer with seniors
Comprendre pour mieux intervenir
This training seminar portraits a clinical picture of depression and anxiety in seniors and aims to promote a better understanding of the signs and symptoms as well as a rapid and effective response. It was designed specifically for advocates, volunteers and caregivers who work with seniors and who do not have any experience or training in mental health issues.
Main Objectives :
- Distinguish normal aging from pathological aging;
- Promote a better understanding of anxiety and depression among seniors and the prevalence of these disorders;
- Define risk factors and protection factors;
- Recognize the symptoms and manifestations of anxiety and depression;
- Learn about current treatments and resources;
- Learn how to intervene with patients using effective strategies.
- 3 hours of interactive training;
- For groups of 15 or more participants;
- Information kit, including training manual given to each participant;
- Training offered in a location designated by the organization making the request or at the offices of the Mental Illness Foundation;
- Audiovisual equipment necessary for the presentation provided by the Mental Illness Foundation.
Are you organizing a conference, lecture or a theme day on seniors’ health?
Seniors in Mind can contribute to your event’s success with an information booth on mental health and activities offered by the program.
Registered nurses will inform participants about anxiety and depression, answer their questions, provide sound advice for maintaining good mental health, and offer relevant documentation.